Effectively and Efficiently Meets or Exceeds Pre-Owned Vehicle (POV) Sales Objectives
- Develops, consistently monitors, and adjusts POV sales goals (financial/budgets and volumes) to achieve Company and franchise sales objectives.
- Successfully promotes all departmental sales initiatives; ensures Clients are aware of the full product line and features; proactively informs Clients of specials; promptly, effectively handles Client concerns and complaints according to dealership's guidelines.
- Establishes annual and monthly objectives for unit sales, gross profits, expenses, and operating profit.
- Consistently analyzes market and franchise data to develop growth plan, identify areas of opportunity.
- Proactively and consistently works with management to ensure that revenue targets are met.
- On a weekly and monthly basis, monitors sales and profitability to ensure strategic goals are being met.
- Forecasts goals and objectives for sales, gross, and key expenses on a monthly and annual basis.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with Company, local, state, and federal regulations that affect POV vehicle sales.
- Establishes delivery procedures and ensures that delivery includes an introduction to the Service Department and scheduling of the first service appointment.
- Adheres to the Company requirements for using the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool; ensures proper follow up of all POV potential buyers by developing, implementing, and monitoring a prospecting, follow-up, and sales control system.
- Processes POV Sales Consultant commission sheets daily; monitors related payroll records.
- Communicates daily with the new vehicle Sales Manager regarding units needed for POV inventory.
- Works in conjunction with the Service Department; studies classified ads, and all available sources, to find quality, low-mileage POVs.
- Enforces a 60-day turn policy for non-Porsche product; 90-day turn policy for Porsche product.
- Appraises all incoming POVs; works closely with management to develop and implement effective cost control strategies; promptly ensures that cosmetic and mechanical reconditioning is performed within the dealership's cost and time limitations; stringently manages reconditioning expenses.
- Establishes and controls wholesaling activities.
- Keeps abreast of auto auction activity and prices; attends auctions on a regular basis.
- Approves all paperwork from auctions and provides proper documentation to the office for purchases.
- Notifies management of anticipated delivery of purchases.
- Tracks results of auction purchases; compares gross profits of auction vehicles with those of trade-ins.
- Develops and maintains outside sources (wholesalers and retailers) for both buying and selling units.
- Works with other respective Rusnak franchises to retain POVs within the Rusnak Automotive Group.
Plays a Key Role in Strategic Planning
- Proactively participates in the Company strategic planning process.
- Works closely with GSM and/or GM to develop the franchise-level plan; consistently evaluates performance to develop methods for improving performance.
Promotes Personnel Engagement and Ensures Development/Management
- Hires, trains, motivates, directs, schedules activities, counsels, and monitors the performance of all POV Sales Department team members to ensure proper staffing at all times; effectively and consistently directs sales staffing and training in ways that will enhance the development and control of POV sales programs.
- Conducts daily and weekly sales and sales training meetings.
- Oversees the efforts of POV Sales Department to enhance the image and customer satisfaction (CSI) ratings of the dealership; helps close deals; ensures that POV Sales Consultants are informed of all new inventory and current advertising efforts, including special sales.
- Establishes and enforces product-knowledge standards.
- Proactively remains engaged with POV Sales Consultants, Sales Assistants, and other Sales Department team members to establish their annual goals, which are designed to support Company and franchise strategy and are consistent with each team members Job Descriptions; assists individual POV Sales Consultants in setting aggressive yet realistic monthly goals and objectives and provides them with the support to meet these goals; closely monitors productivity and performance; develops action plans to immediately correct performance in order to consistently meet and exceed sales goals; proactively works with the management team to develop and implement on-going sales team improvement plans.
- Ensures 100 percent turnover of each Client to the Finance and Insurance (F&I) Manager.
- Works closely with management to identify opportunities to improve franchise effectiveness; develop, implement a plan to continuously improve the capabilities of all POV team members.
- Consistently develops and maintains external relationships to reach out and solicit highly qualified candidates who would be quality hires for the franchise team.
Fosters Positive Manufacturer Relations
- Develops appropriate relationships with manufacturer partners to enhance the reputation of the Company and franchise.
- Ensures at all times that the franchise POV Sales Team consistently meets or exceeds a high ethical standard in the eyes of the manufacturer partners.
- Ensures that the franchise POV sales team consistently meets the performance expectations of the manufacturer partners.
Effectively Oversees Inventory/Marketing Endeavors
- Manages the POV inventory, as applicable, to ensure the correct mix and quantity of product and fulfill the requirements for inventory total dollar amount, aging, and day’s supply; closely monitors aged inventory in order to mitigate wholesale loss.
- Ensures POV inventory is displayed appropriately to maximize merchandising potential.
- Consistently monitors customers likes and dislikes, lost sales, and dealership sales history; conducts local market analyses to determine which vehicles to stock.
- Works closely with management to develop effective advertising campaigns and other promotions.
- Ensures acquisition of correct product relating to market demands and the Rusnak standard.
- Consistently reviews all website(s) content to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for creating pricing, specials, and unique seller’s notes.
- Effectively and consistently follows Company approved methods of wholesaling aged product or vehicles not retained for retail purchase.