The mission of this position is to protect the company and employees by managing the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs; including, employee relations, compensation and benefits, development, personnel recordkeeping, workers compensation and team member safety issues, training, talent acquisition and workforce development, and compliance with labor laws and regulations. Furthermore, champions the company vision, mission, culture, values and service standards; promotes diversity and fosters an honest, fair, respectful, friendly and professional work environment.
Develop and administer efficient HR programs and procedures in accordance with labor laws and regulations:
- Employee Relations: Service 15 Franchises in 7 locations; train, coach, guide Managers on company policy in areas such as EEO practices, harassment, performance management, conflict resolution, supervisor skills, etc. Serve as an unbiased liaison in resolving employee conducting investigations and facilitating conflict resolution meetings, employee terminations, disciplinary procedures, conflict resolution between employees, and making fair determination and suggestions based on facts. Write clear and comprehensive investigation, incident reports, etc. Represent organization at employee hearings; manage subpoenas, personnel file requests, and other legal documentation/procedures. Design and manage employee goodwill, morale-boosting events, employee surveys, etc.
- Performance Management: Review performance warnings and evaluations; train, coach, guide managers in appropriate performance management measures; process performance issues submitted through automated system; interpret and train employees and managers on policies and best practices relevant to performance management.
- Compensation; Oversee annual salary review requests; evaluate job tasks and determine employment classification and rating; and compose job descriptions and price jobs based on market value.
- Recruiting: Supervise recruiting process; review job requisition, analyze jobs and compose position role descriptions, coach and train managers on staffing and recruiting as necessary; monitor fill ratio and cost; ensure compliance of legal guidelines related to interviewing, background checks, drug/physical screens, and candidate selection.
- Workman’s Compensation & Safety: Guide HR Generalist in professional and strategic claims management expertise in compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and institutional policies; interface with regulatory agencies,
- vendors and departmental management and staff to formulate corrective actions for issues escalated by WC Administrator. Designs and implements proactive safety training and initiative programs; Assesses risk potential; develops and implements accident investigation data analysis; and recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Training & Development: Develop and implement Supervisor HR skills training, such as performance management, employee development, coaching, motivation, etc.
- Policies & Procedures: Maintain the HR Procedures Manual and Employee handbook current with labor laws.
Maintain a productive HR workforce that efficiently meets the HR needs of the company and employees
- Manage, model, set the tone, and guide the HR department staff in company culture and service standards; provide services in a friendly, honest, clear, respectful and professional manner.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and supervise work activities of subordinates ensuring all services are consistently performed on a timely manner per department and company policy and guidelines.
- Maintain adequate staffing levels; plan staffing needs proactively, develop budget, compose accurate job descriptions, recruit in a timely manner.
- Evaluate and hold employees accountable for results and quality of service; provide clear performance expectations, training, coaching and discipline in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy.
- Foster collaboration and ownership among staff; engage staff in planning, process improvement, strategy implementation, conflict resolution, problem solving, etc.
- Develop staff and encourage professional and personal growth through hands-on training, coaching, and mentoring to meet current and future department and company needs.
Maintain an efficient and cost-effective department operation:
- Collaborate with other departments to find solutions that are in the best interest of the company; interact efficiently with team leaders, supervisors, and staff to resolve interdepartmental and staff issues.
- Maintain workforce current on new labor legal laws and regulations and Human Resources best practices in principles, strategies, technology, etc.
- Develop, manage and maintain current department procedures manual; implement, review, develop and implement department policies, procedures and service standards.
- Manage and plan workflow and timelines effectively to ensure on-time delivery of department deliverables
- Manage department budget; payroll, supplies, training, staff morale incentives; audit supply, project, vendor, and program cost to ensure cost containment within yearly budget, ROI, and quality of service.
- Fosters quality; continuously seeks to improve processes, products and services; solicits and applies employee and management feedback regarding department’s quality of service; conducts annual department service surveys.
- Compile and analyze statistical reports such as employee census, turnover, retention, performance evaluations, benefit cost, recruiting activity, etc.
- Maintains Human Resources information confidential; ensures that work area is secure, stores and distributes personnel information according to legal and department guidelines; does not discuss personnel or confidential company initiatives with anyone except as allowed by law and needed for business purposes.