Effectively and Efficiently Coordinates Financial Report Review
- Designs effective reports around directives received from CFO and corporate needs.
- Assist Corporate Financial Analyst in preparation of monthly reports.
- Prepares a complete financial statement monthly according to dealership guidelines and within each
manufacturer's format and time frame. Ensures that all manufacturer accounts, including warranty
claims, rebates, interest protection and co-op advertising are current and accurate.
- Interprets the financial statement and the daily operating control (DOC) regularly and informs dealer of
- Meets with dealer to evaluate all insurance renewals.
- Purchases property and liability insurance.
- Prepares and processes all insurance claims.
- Supervises the preparation of all information for the CPA in order to minimize audit or review costs.
Effectively and Efficiently Conducts Franchise Reconciliations and Monthly Closings
- Reviews and ensures the integrity and accuracy of corporate designed standard reconciliation
submitted by the business offices.
- Proposes solutions to issues found in documented findings.
- Proposes processes for better utilization of DMS in preparation of reconciliations.
- Participates in the preparation of short- and long-term financial forecasts for the dealership.
- Provides department managers with detailed financial and management reports.
- Maintains an effective cash management system that forecasts cash funds and makes
recommendations for the profitable use of excess cash.
- Reviews the reconciliation of general ledger accounts with outside sources to ensure proper bank
reconciliation, reserve accounts, factory payable, and floor plan payable.
Consistently Monitors Company-Wide Department Compliance
- Oversee company-wide compliance for all franchises.
- Oversee consumer compliance regulations companywide for Sales, Service, F&I and Parts
- Responsible for companywide dealership privacy compliance as it relates to Federal and State
regulations for Sales, Service, F&I and Parts Department.
- Evaluate company’s current systems and develop strategies for improving overall compliance.
- Partner with management to implement recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Stays abreast of tax code revisions and advises dealer regarding any operational adjustments needed
to accommodate revisions
- Ensures compliance with all applicable government finance regulations, including filing and/or
maintaining of required forms, payroll taxes and deposits, income taxes, retirement plan records, etc.
- Coordinates annual audit (or review) and physical inventory.
Effectively and Efficiently Manages Business Office Personnel
- Ensures that all office personnel are using proper accounting procedures and maintaining accurate
records and analyses.
- Supervise and make day-to-day decisions as to all members of the Business Office.